Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 1 Physics Reflection

It's been a week since my summer vacation ended and school started back up and I'm going to admit, I'm never too excited to go back to school. I don't like the work, I don't like getting up every morning at 6:30 to go to school at 8:00, and I don't like all the sitting and listening to seven different people for an hour everyday. Though so far, physics isn't the worse class I have; in fact I think I'll like it this year. This class in more in tune with today's current technology and seems to use different learning techniques. It might be the "No worksheets= no homework" talking but this seems like it's going to be an enjoyable class. Even if i manage to get lost in this class, it seems like Mr. Abud can/ is willing to explain things to me in a way that i can understand.

The first couple of days in this class have been different than most first days in a new science class. For example, instead of going over what we're exactly going to do during the school year we've learned each other's names through new techniques that Mr. Abud taught us. The techniques may have seemed to be strange to some people, but I just saw it as a way of memorizing things through connectable means. I can't say everyone felt the same way I have, but who cares, their thoughts can be theirs. I'm just here to learn and I'm sure I can find a way to use the name learning techniques to help me remember different things in this and every class I'll take here on out.

Technology is always advancing and most people miss it's wave and stick to the ways of the past. Mr. Abud is not one of those people, on the third day of school he taught us how we can use our iPod or iPad on the white board so we can share things easier with the class. Not only that, we use twitter as a means to turn in work and share our thoughts about the class. Being a child born in the generation of technology, I know that everyone in my generation can quickly accustom to the ways of this class. Even this blog is for the class! Although, I don't have the most advanced things, I can still manage my way to be on the same page as everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment