Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekly reflection 2

This week of school wasn't all that bad. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but hey I survived. Things in Mr. Abud's class runs a bit differently than a normal science class would; I've noticed that it mostly runs on our own thoughts, ideas, and work. It's like he says, we could talk in the room he could give us the instructions, and we could just go along and follow those guidelines. It doesn't mean that we learn anything. It just shows we can follow directions  if we respond to the outcomes of the lab we did and gave an explanation on why the results happened, then it'd show that we learned something  Instead of that, he makes us think about it the whole time through which I personally favor more than the traditional method. Not only does it make students have original thoughts and be more interested in the lab, but it also sets into the brain easier if you participate in it because you're the one who must come up with the answer. It uses human's natural curiosity for the better. Of course the students must be interested in the subject for it to work at all, but i'm pretty sure all students are interested in their grades and more importantly their success in life. All in all, I expect this class to be more memorable than some of the other classes I'll take during my high school career  I also look forward to some of the other labs in the future: especially the boat races; oh yea, that'll be fun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment